A property management company can help you:
- Market your rental property to minimize vacancies and maximize income (link: Property managers make their livings because they know the rental market, what comparable properties are renting for, and what potential renters are willing to pay for a rental property.
- They have the marketing know-how to reach potential renters and they have the experience and resources to weed out poor credit risks
- Fill vacancies with the best possible tenants;
- Maintain and keep your rental property in good condition (link: Property managers handle and coordinate routine repairs as well as emergency repairs. They have the experience to avoid unnecessary repairs and have negotiated the best rates with tradesman to save you money);
- Track income and expenses to determine profitability;
- Negotiate rental agreements;
- Collect rent and track tenant deposits;
- Comply with federal, state and local laws; and
- Respond to tenant requests and deal with tenant’s problems
WORD OF MOUTH / REFERRALS – Current and past tenants, friends of our tenants, referrals from other agents that we network with.
CORRECT PRICING – Even the best and nicest homes will not lease quickly if overpriced. We make sure your rental home is priced according to current market conditions.
THOROUGH PREPARATION – Even the best located and well priced rental homes will not rent if they are in poor condition. Part of our job as property manager is to make sure your rental home is presented in a clean and attractive condition so that it will attract a good tenant.